Monday, January 16, 2012

"Love Me Do" Valentine's Blog Hop

Welcome to the “Love Me Do” Valentine’s Blog Hop!  This week, January 16th-20th, we have a group of 5 talented designers sharing projects with you on their blogs to get you prepared for the upcoming season of love!  Whether you use these designs to create something for your loved ones or spring-board off the inspirations given, we would love to see your work as well, so leave a comment on the blogs as you go through.

On January 24th, we will be giving away a collection of goodies from the group to one lucky participant.  The giveaway will be hosted through filling out a Google Docs form, on Live.Teach.Create on January 20th, asking various questions about the posts throughout the week.  All those who enter with the correct answers will have a chance to win!
 ********************************
As a Close To My Heart consultant, I wanted to show you how you can use our products to create a cute "french fry" box to fill with goodies. The box was cut using my Cricut and the exclusive Art Philosophy cartridge sold by CTMH. I used papers from the Roxie collection and the the tag stamp set that comes with the cartridge. I also used the "Love Life" stamp set.

To start off today's project, I stamped the image on card stock cut with the Cricut to match the ticket stamp with Versamark ink. The ink is clear but you will be able to see the image while it is wet. Immediately sprinkle embossing powder on the image and tap off excess. Heat with a heat gun until powder has melted and you can see the complete image.








Next I stamped a background image not he card stock and wrapped some B&T (background and texture) paper around the box.



I cut a piece of patterned paper just slightly smaller than the inside for a liner.


Then I used my adhesive runner to glue the sides together. I added the embossed image and a couple of stamped images, along with a couple of paper flowers inked on the edges and a sparkly rhinestone in the center of the flower.


The treat box can be filled with some sweets for your sweetie!



Thanks for joining me today for Day # of the “Love Me Do” Valentine’s Blog Hop!  Next person in the hop is Jayma.  Check back again with me tomorrow as well for another new idea.

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! I made some this Christmas for my little girls' daycare friends and they were stamped with snowflakes...filled with homemade cookies...

    ReplyDelete