Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Love Me Do" Blog Hop Layout


Welcome to the “Love Me Do” Valentine’s Blog Hop!  This week, January 16th-20th, we have a group of 5 talented designers sharing projects with you on their blogs to get you prepared for the upcoming season of love!  Whether you use these designs to create something for your loved ones or spring-board off the inspirations given, we would love to see your work as well, so leave a comment on the blogs as you go through.

On January 24th, we will be giving away a collection of goodies from the group to one lucky participant.  The giveaway will be hosted through filling out a Google Docs form, on Live.Teach.Create on January 20th, asking various questions about the posts throughout the week.  All those who enter with the correct answers will have a chance to win!

 ********************************

I am a Close To My Heart independent consultant. The products I used for today's project include the Roxie kit, Bling Assortment, Designer Brads Rhinestone, Designer Ribbon, and Cricut Art Philosphy set. The only non-CTMH product was the foam letter stickers from American Crafts. (Hey, we all have an assortment of scrapbooking products, right?)

I love how I was able to use the Cricut designs to cut out the hearts in different sizes and also the fancy overlay design. I also used one of the stamps that comes with the collection to stamp on the inside of the smaller hearts.

The layout is super simple - obviously. I kept wavering from adding a little more text, or a tag, but ultimately decided I really just wanted the photo to stand on its own. I guess if it bothers me later down the road I can add some journaling on the bottom half or tuck a tag behind the photo. For now, I like the simplicity of it.



I don't have a technique to show with this project. I did want to let you know that the design was inspired by a page I found on Pinterest. You can find inspiration many places on the web, and I hope that you've found something you like from this page.

Thanks for joining me today for the “Love Me Do” Valentine’s Blog Hop!  Next person in the hop is Jayma.  Check back again with me tomorrow as well for another new idea.

1 comment:

  1. This is super cute! Isn't it fun to find inspiration from different places? That is a great pic.

    Thanks for visiting/commenting on my blog and enlightening me. :) I'm such a dork, I had never really listened to the lyrics on that song (except the chorus), so I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. LOL. I guess I see what you mean now about the subject matter being touchy. Eek. But in spite of it, I am still in love with the chorus.

    ReplyDelete